Tiger by the Tail
Come on, come on, come on! Days begin full tilt. This morning mommy is in a real hurry and Samuel can’t figure out why. He just wants to play with his tiger teddy bear. “Go wash your toasts. Your teeth will get cold.” Mommy’s words are gibberish in Samuel’s ears. While his tiger teddy bear is having lots of fun, mommy hastily bumps into everything and Samuel screams at the top of his voice. Enough already! Mommy gets into a fit. She grows claws and visibly becomes smaller while her dear son turns into a huge ferocious tiger. Exhausted, his room in a shambles, Samuel realizes how much place the tiger is taking in his life. The two of them hide under his bed and look for a solution. By imagining the mythological story of a goddess of anger and a tiger hunter, they will discover new common ground.
Tiger by The Tail is a coproduction of Théâtre Motus and FiguraT S.C.
Photos: Robert Etcheverry
- Cast : Sergio Bátiz, Paola Huitrón, Lizeth Rondero
- Written and directed by : Hélène Ducharme
- English version : Leanna Brodie
- Original music : Omar Guzmán
- Set design : Astillero Teatro, based on Marc-André Coulombe’s original design
- Lighting : Michel Saint-Amand
- Costumes : Mar Y Sol Rodriguez Sosa
- Puppets : Claude Rodrigue
- Shadow puppets : Jean Cummings
- Assistant to the director: Felipe Rodríguez
- In coproduction with : FiguraT S.C.